ROAD DESIGN ENGINEER
J.T. Blankinship, Inc. is seeking a Civil/Roadway Engineer with 3-5 years of experience preferred to join our staff. Qualified individuals must be self-motivated and looking to handle a multitude of various projects. JTB is a full-service civil, environmental and surveying firm with both private and public-sector clients. Our firm focuses on a wide range of projects including utility, roadway, aeronautics, storm water and surveying projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform design and analysis for civil engineering projects using accepted design practices
- Work independently on design and production of construction plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Prepare design calculations, quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Direct and review production of drawings by CAD draftsmen as well as the ability to complete your own drawings
- Attend project meetings
- Project administration duties, activities, document controls and project scheduling
- Other assignments as needed
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
- PE license or on PE track required
- Working knowledge and experience with state and regional regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and Geopak preferred
- Project experience working with IDOT, FHWA, various counties and/or local municipalities