J.T. Blankinship, Inc. is seeking an Engineering Technician to join our staff. Qualified individuals must be self-motivated and looking to handle a multitude of various projects. JTB is a full-service civil, environmental and surveying firm with both private and public-sector clients. Our firm focuses on a wide range of projects including utility, roadway, aeronautics, storm water and surveying projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interaction and coordination with Engineers and other staff
- Ability to read construction plans
- Understanding of construction methods
- Preparation of As Built sketches
- Preparation of construction pay estimates under direction of Engineers
- Interaction with construction contractors
- Other assignments as needed
- Preferred 5+ years experience as an engineering technician
- Knowledge of CAD software a plus
- Knowledge of proper methods for documentation of contract quantities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.