J.T. Blankinship, Inc. is seeking a Civil/Roadway Engineer with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience to join our staff. Qualified individuals must be self-motivated and looking to handle a multitude of various projects. JTB is a full-service civil, environmental and surveying firm with both private and public-sector clients. Our firm focuses on a wide range of projects including utility, roadway, aeronautics, storm water, and surveying projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform design and analysis for civil engineering projects using accepted design practice
- Work independently on design and production of construction plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Prepare design calculations, quantity take-offs, and cost estimates
- Direct and review production of drawings by CAD draftsmen as well as the ability to complete your own drawings
- Attend project meetings
- Project administration duties, activities, document controls and project scheduling
- Other assignments as needed
- B.S. in Civil Engineering and a minimum 3 years of civil design experience in the transportation industry
- PE license or on PE track preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with state and regional regulations required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of MicroStation and Geopak
- Project experience working with IDOT, FHWA, various counties and/or local municipalities